Some answers to common questions about your first visit to Alpharetta Presbyterian Church.
Where is Alpharetta Presbyterian Church located?
APC is 2 blocks east of city hall at 180 Academy Street. Click here for driving directions.
Where do I park?
Follow the entrance driveway around to the right of the church property. Ample parking is available in the side parking lot or in the rear parking lot.
Where do I go when I get there?
- From the side parking lot, enter the sanctuary lobby through the glass doors on the east side of the building.
- From the rear parking lot, follow the sidewalk along the west side of the building, and enter the sanctuary lobby through the double doors on your left.
- Church members will greet you, and the ushers will provide you with a worship service bulletin. Large print Bibles and hymnals are available. Assisted listening radios are also available. Ask one of the ushers for these items.
All areas of the APC campus are easily wheelchair accessible.
When should I arrive?
Our regular Sunday worship times are 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. There is no difference between the two services---both are traditional. Plan to be seated about 10 minutes before the beginning of the service. If you have a baby to take to the nursery, add a few extra minutes to get baby settled.
Our fellowship breakfast buffet is served from 8-10 a.m. with pastries and coffee offered from 10:30-11 a.m. Please consider sharing a table with us and meeting a few people before worshipping together.
What if I am a little late?
The ushers will help you find a seat at an appropriate time, usually during one of the hymns. While you are waiting to be seated, there are large windows at the back of the sanctuary and amplified speakers so that you can see and hear the service. This is also a great place to take little ones who need a little time to get settled.
What is the dress code?There is no formal dress code at APC. While we value your comfort, please respect the dignity of the occasion and other worshippers.
What will the worship service be like?
At APC, we value traditional worship. The ushers will provide you with a service bulletin containing the order of worship. The ministers leading worship will wear robes. Sometimes church elders will assist in leading the service. The service will also include:
- Prayers of confession and pardon
- Several hymns sung by the congregation, led by the choir and accompanied by the organ or piano. The hymns are often selected based on the scripture of the day.
- Additional music by the choir, children's choir, hand bell choir, or other musicians
- Bible passages are read aloud
- A sermon
- An offering and blessing
- Prayers of praise and thanksgiving
- Prayers of intercession for the sick and concerns of the church and world
Can I take Communion if I am not a member of the church?
Anyone who has been baptized is welcome to participate in the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper. You don’t have to be a member of the church or even a Presbyterian. There is no age requirement. Communion is served on the first Sunday of each month and on other days determined by the liturgical calendar. Most of the time, the elements (bread and grape juice) will be brought to you by church elders as you sit in your pew. The book rack in each pew has a place to hold your used communion cup.
We also offer a gluten-free alternative. Please notify the elder serving communion.
Whom can I contact with other questions?
Call the Church Office at 770-751-0033 on Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with any questions about our service, our facilities, or our programs. For questions on Sunday mornings, check with a greeter or usher.