Volunteer Sign-Up Links
World Communion Sunday (October 2):
- Sign up here to volunteer to help with set-up, clean-up, serve during the event or bring a dessert to share. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090d4bacae2aa1fd0-world
- Welcome Desk Attendants: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054aaca722a6fb6-2019
- Sunday Morning Greeters: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054aaca722a6fb6-20194
- Sunday Morning Flower Delivery: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054aaca722a6fb6-20211
Sanctuary Sound Booth and AV Operators:
- Sound Booth / AV Scheduling: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090D4BACAE2AA1FD0-apcav
- Contact: Katie Millican, Director of Communications
- View a list of trained Sound Booth and AV Operators.
Open Arms Promise Class Volunteers:
- Volunteer to help on Sunday mornings in our Promise Class: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E4AACAE2EA7F4C43-volunteer
- Contact Open Arms Director Lara Wagner Moore.
How Can I Make a Difference Today?
Cook a Meal or Share a Ride
Would you be able to occasionally cook a meal or offer a ride to medical or other appointments for a church member who needs help? Contact Rev. Beverly Markham.
Clean Out Your Closet and donate gently used clothing and accessories:
- Ladies suits/work clothing: Presbyterian Women collecting for Dress for Success
Donation rack is in the ladies restroom across from the church office.
- Gently used women’s clothing, shoes, accessories: The Drake Closet
Locations in Roswell, Alpharetta, and Sandy Springs.
- Used clothing and goods of all sorts: NFCC Thrift Store
Help a Child with APC’s Whiz Kids tutoring program
Volunteer an hour of your week to tutor children in our community who need special one-on-one attention. Contact Sue White.
Be a Host to families temporarily experiencing homelessness
Three or four times a year APC turns classrooms into bedrooms to house guests through Family Promise of N. Fulton/Dekalb. Help us set up or take down rooms, make a meal or help children with homework. Contact Shannon Pickerel.
Be Theatrical with ACT1 Theater
Volunteers of all sorts are needed: set builders and painters, seamstresses and makeup artists, desktop publishers and marketers, musicians, and actors. Contact Virginia Mann.
Join a Committee
Any church member or visitor is welcome to help out on a church committee. We welcome your ideas and input! Contact the church office.
Garden by planting and watering the beautiful plants and flowers in our Memorial Garden, our Prayer Labyrinth, and around the church grounds. Contact Sharon Bean.
Be Musical with our choirs, handbells, or instrumentalists. We welcome new choir members and those wishing to help behind the scenes. Contact Drew Bowers.
Share your warm smile at APC’s Welcome Desk! One Sunday each month, help greet visitors, share information and help them find their way around our building. Contact Dot Van Dyke.
Become an Usher
Once a month you can help greet folks in worship with a smile and a bulletin, and help collect the offering. Contact Ellen Adolph.
Knit or crochet with APC’s Prayer Shawl group, which meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 1:30 pm in Fellowship Hall. We create baby items, lap robes and shawls for those in need of care or comfort. Newbies are welcome! Contact Mary Rogovin.
Teach Sunday School
Adult, youth and children’s classes can always use a few good teachers! You can volunteer on a monthly basis, or as a substitute to help out when needed.
Contact Erin Noh if you are interested in leading an adult education class.
Contact Anne Fyffe for Youth Sunday School (6-12 grades).
Contact Kristin Hicks for Children‘s Sunday School (PreK-5th grades).
Have adventures with APC Youth and Children
Become a youth adviser, confirmation mentor, volunteer with Club 45 (our ministry for 4th & 5th graders), go on a summer mission trip or help with summer Vacation Bible School. The opportunities for fun and adventure are endless! To become an “approved volunteer” with APC Youth and Children contact Kari Minnich.
Enjoy taking pictures of church events in our Photographers Pool. Contact Katie Millican.
Organize and socialize through our Fellowship Committee. We welcome party planners, decorators, cooks, and good ideas! Contact Katie Millican.